Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sing me a song

Today Kaden is watching Curious George for the millionth time, and showing all he has picked up from the movie and me. I always sing the songs to him when we are snuggling and watching the movie. I even bought the sound track just because the music is so mellow and soothing. But today is different. I started singing the opening song in the movie and he was playing with my hair. Then he gave me the biggest hug. I was goo from that point on. Then he really threw me for a loop. In his little man jibberish he started singing to me while playing with my hair!!

I know that he imitates me often, but this just melted my heart. He now knows how to show affection in more ways than just a sloppy kiss. Our brief moment of tenderness was gone in a flash and it was back to chasing the cat and playing with his legos, with the occasional drive by hug. But it reminded me just how short his toddlerhood will be and I can't help but tear up thinking that the days of not wanting to be hugged and kissed in front of his friends are not nearly as far away as they seem.

No comments: